Head of Sales & Marketing
Work Location : SydneyJob Type : Full TimeLegal Entity : Vconnex Pvt.Ltd. (If location of candidate is Jaipur)Qualifications : Degree or similar qualification in business, marketing or any other closely related field.
Purpose and Intention
The purpose of the position is to develop strategies, processes and systems across the Sales and Marketing team to ensure CIMET achieves sales and gross margin targets across our portfolio. This includes but not limited to energy, solar, telecommunications, insurance and financial industry sectors. The Head of Sales Marketing will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for leading a team of 15 people.
The intention of the role is to promote and expand our commercial activity and offering to generate revenue that leads to sustainable growth. You will lead and be responsible for driving the acquisition of new B2B partnerships and nurturing those Partners through Sales, Account Management and Marketing activities to maximize the value from the partnership.
- Set direction and strategic plans: Support CEO in developing Sales & Marketing targets and strategy. Develop departmental direction and strategic plans in line with CIMET strategy.
- Set policies and processes: Work with Executive & Senior Leadership Team to define Company’s key business processes clarifying accountabilities, inter-department/function dependencies and handover points.
- Plan, direct and lead the Sales & Marketing Department: Set annual operational targets in line with CIMET strategy and portfolio.
- Monitor and manage departmental performance: Full P&L responsibility for achieving sales and marketing objectives and targets; revenue, expenses and gross margin and reporting monthly, or as required to executive leadership team and key stakeholders for variances vs actuals.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationship: Maintain trust-based relationship with employees, customers and partners.
- Build a capable and engaged Technical Services Department team: Develop, lead and mentor a team of direct and indirect reports across campaigns, media, partnerships, performance marketing and design to deliver on business objectives with excellence, innovation, and creativity.
- Manage risk and compliance and ensure HSEQ: Lead compliance of activities within Sales and Marketing, ensuring operational activities with comply with legislative requirements. This includes compliance with relevant statutes and regulations.
- Culture & Engagement: Role model enterprise leadership behaviours (be seen as a leader of the whole enterprise rather than just head of a department)
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in a direct sales environment, with at least 5 of those years working in a senior capacity and responsible for P&L of department.
- Must have B2B partnership experience in at least one industry within our portfolio energy, telco, and financial services (cards, loans and insurance).
- Experience with CRM / Team-Project Management software (e.g. ASANA, Slack), MS Office (particularly MS Excel), Sales presentation software – (e.g. CANVA), and analytics platforms
- Strong interpersonal, communications, negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to motivate and scale a sales and marketing team.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Ability to work on strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to analyse the financial viability of commercial opportunities.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the industry.
- Ability to multitask, delegate and prioritise key deliverables.
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial growth mindset
- Ability to work effectively in an Australia/India cross cultural environment.