Head of Marketing
Work Location : JaipurJob Type : Full TimeLegal Entity : Vconnex Pvt.Ltd. (If location of candidate is Jaipur)Qualifications : • Degree or similar qualification in business, marketing or any other closely related field.Experience Required : 10+ years
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Head of Marketing will lead and establish the end-to-end digital marketing capabilities and strategy that aligns with the needs and goals of the business. This includes CIMET branding, external communications and positioning in the market.
The Head of Marketing will need to establish best practice for paid and organic Strategies, automation of programmatic marketing, and search engine optimization. They will be responsible for scaling paid campaigns for Google, Bing and Social. And be experienced in buying above the line marketing. The role manages a team of 7 in India, focusing on growing the marketing team’s expertise and deliverables on campaigns.
CIMET currently provides end-to-end comparison and signup of Energy and Telco plans through its online solution in a B2C environment. It presently caters to more than 25 Energy and Broadband Providers and has over 30 White label partners and other co-branded partners. This portfolio will expand over the next 18 months across financial services (cards, loans and insurance). The online comparison market is extremely crowded in Australia, with most comparators providing a light touch directory solution. CIMET saw this as an opportunity and developed a fully integrated online comparison and signup platform.
On 15 March 2022, CIMET decided to partner with iSelect who acquired a 49% stake in CIMET Holdings Going forward, CIMET will use this investment from iSelect to expand into new verticals including Credit Cards, Home loans, Car loans, Personal loans, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Pet Insurance among others. Additionally, CIMET has plans to expand into multiple geographies. CIMET today has around 70 team members, across Australia and India and will grow to over 200 over the next 2 years.
The Head of Marketing is a part of Senior Leadership at CIMET. As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the below key accountabilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills to perform the role.
1. Set direction and strategic plans
- Support CEO in developing paid and organic Marketing strategies.
- Develop departmental direction and strategic plans in line with CIMET strategy.
- Communicate and explain departmental direction and strategic plans to members of the Marketing team.
2. Set policies and processes
- Develop and implement departmental policies and standards in line with overarching CIMET policies and guidelines.
- Optimize and scale paid campaigns for Google, Bing, and Social.
- Work with Executive & Senior Leadership Team to define CIMET’s key business processes clarifying accountabilities, inter- department/function dependencies and handover points.
- Ensure policies and standards are communicated at all levels and complied at all times.
3. Plan, direct and lead the Marketing Department
- Develop annual strategic and delivery plan/s for the Marketing department.
- Direct and lead the operations of the Marketing department.
- Create and manage the company’s content marketing strategy.
- Develop and execute the company’s email marketing campaigns.
- Manage the company’s social media presence.
- Work collaboratively with Head of Operations and Chief Technology Officer to align with sales and commercial objectives.
- Review and at times develop new product concepts.
- Development of the company's Brand and enhancement of the Brand to external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the technology team to ensure automation of activities where possible and the enhancement of dashboards, data analytics.
4. Monitor and manage departmental performance
- Optimize and scale paid campaigns for Google, Bing, and Social.
- Manage the company’s marketing budget.
- Provide regular reporting on departmental performance to Executive Leadership and the CIMET Board.
5. Build and maintain key stakeholder relationship
- Maintain trust-based relationships with employees, customers and partners.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers and relevant authorities.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships.
6. Build a capable and engaged Marketing Department team
- Recruitment, onboarding, development, and performance management of the marketing team and any support staff.
- Develop, lead and mentor a team of direct and indirect reports across campaigns, media, partnerships, performance marketing and design to deliver on business objectives with excellence, innovation, and creativity.
- Grow the marketing team to ensure effectively completed campaigns.
- Build and maintain an effective and capable team within the Marketing department.
- Manage performance of Marketing department.
- Develop and implement an effective succession plan for key roles in the department.
- Create a positive, motivating and collaborative working environment within the department. Ensure departmental engagement and effective communications especially for the remote teams.
7. Manage risk and compliance and ensure HSEQ
- Proactively identify and manage critical risks in the Marketing Department and across CIMET.
- Lead compliance of activities within Marketing, ensuring operational activities with comply with legislative requirements. This includes compliance with relevant statutes and regulations.
Ensure that Marketing policies and procedures comply with CIMET obligations.
Role model enterprise leadership behaviours (be seen as a leader of the whole enterprise rather than just head of a department)
Create a motivating and collaborative working environment throughout the organization.
Ensure high levels of employee engagement across the whole organization
ORGANISATION STRUCTURE - HIGH LEVEL
CHALLENGES OF THE POSITION
CIMET will double its workforce over the next 2 years, we need to build and onboard a team of high performing people to enable the planned growth to reach fruition.
CIMET is in the early phase of expansion where systems, processes and policies are being developed and implemented. This means there will be constant changes occurring and you will need to be agile in your approach to changing business priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
- Degree or similar qualification in business, marketing or any other closely related field.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in a marketing environment with at least 5 of those years working in a senior capacity and responsible for P&L of department.
- Highly skilled in optimizing and scaling the paid campaigns for Google, Bing and Social
- A broad understanding of other industries within our portfolio including lead generation marketing strategies.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to define data-driven strategies utilizing tech and analytical tools.
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and how to collaborate with advanced marketing teams.
- Ability to seek out opportunities and create pathways for growth.
- Experience with CRM / Team-Project Management software (e.g. ASANA, Slack), MS Office (particularly MS Excel), presentation software – (e.g. CANVA), and analytics platforms
- Demonstrable experience in effectively navigating large complex organizations.
Capabilities / Competencies
This role requires:
- Strong interpersonal, communications, negotiation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary leadership skills and ability to motivate and scale a marketing team.
- Ability to negotiate contracts.
- Ability to work on strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Ability to analyse the financial viability of commercial opportunities.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the industry.
- Ability to multitask, delegate and prioritize key deliverables.
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial growth mindset
- Ability to work effectively in an Australia/India cross cultural environment.